Saturday 6 September 2014

Infections of the Digestive System




With your permission, I want to begin this by sincerely apologizing for my silence this past week, I had more than enough on my plate. It is not yet Uhuru but I think I can navigate around it somehow.

To say that I missed every one of you is an understatement, I felt partly complete without you. Somehow I tried cushioning it a bit by creating time to check you all out in your respective domains and did it help? Maybe a little.
Let me take this time to appreciate Yours Truly (your last comment was like a magic bullet of strength), Diana, LadyB, Chibaby, Nandi, Sophia, Temi, Tosyn, Tibs, MissyMay, Sophia, the list is endless.
I love you all and my prayer every day and night is that God should bless you with sound health and crown all your efforts with good success.

This week we are going to look at the various infections that disturbs the digestive system and we are going to kick off with an introduction.

I could still remember vividly back then in KEZZ Foundation Schools- that school had the best teachers in almost all the subjects. The teachers were the best and wherever they may be right now, I want to use this opportunity to say a big ‘thank you’ to all of them for all the things they helped me understood.

Malpighian tubules as our biology teacher was fondly called- (she got this name because of the dramatic way she pronounced that organs of excretion in insects) - walked into the class chewing something in her closed mouth. After she was done, she swallowed it before us and wrote DIGESTIVE SYSTEM on the board. It was fun attending her classes back then and looking back now I can figure out the reason why we all had a good understanding of all the topics she handled.

Digestive system comprises the organs and glands which are concerned with the breaking down (digestion) of food into small, absorbable components that can be assimilated into the body of man and off course animals.

These organs are positioned in such a way that they all have their individual functions. Take one out of the equation and the system would collapse.

A friend once said that supposing God programmed our body in such a way that we could hear all the sounds made by the various organs in our body as they carry out their respective functions, we would be amazed but then  the entire universe would be a total Babel. Our God is a perfect God! Isn’t He?

The following are the organs of the digestive system;
1.       Mouth—digestion begins here.
2.       Salivary glands- this gland is located under the tongue and it secrets  about 1.5 liters of saliva per day
3.       The esophagus
4.       The stomach
5.       The pancreas
6.       The liver
7.       The small intestine
8.       The large intestines

In the follow up posts we will talk about their functions.
P.S- Please you can send in your suggestions/questions to publicwellness@yahoo.com and yeah, PublicWellness now has a team of medical professionals that can help with your medical questions on the go but still you have to SEE a professional healthcare provider if you have or notice that you have any medical problem(s).
You may also send in any medical condition you want us to discuss in subsequent posts.

3 comments:

  1. Good to read you post every time, thanks for the awareness. Have a nice week.
    http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris Odogwu nwoke is back - Welcome back dear - I really missed your posts, and please do not leave us without a word. It should be illegal to leave us with nothing. I really love this blog because I am a sucker for health, and I love to learn new things - This blog meets all my 'health' needs. Another blog that i'm addicted to is Ifuenda's blog.

    The digestive system has always amazed me. Hope you have got more for us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the medical infor and you write it so well that it is not boring to read and I must admit I was dropping in now and then and wondering when are you posting something again. As a beauty fanatic I believe that beauty should come from within that is your body should not just look pretty but it must be healthy.
    nandiphame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your visit is highly appreciated...but please have your say.