Monday 15 September 2014

Let’s back out a Sec




I beg to take a brief detour from the usual posts here for something I consider imperative. A thing of joy actually. Do I have the go-ahead-nod from you, readers? Okay, thanks. You are far too kind. In fact I am beginning to think that the force that binds us is as solid as a rock which should be the reason why I wake up every morning thinking about you.

For me, writers are super amazing because they have shaped the world in a very remarkable way. I will give you a second to just imagine a world without writers, you will gladly agree with me that that world would be boring and would just be wallowing in the era from where it began (I stand corrected). Let me buttress my point with these questions. Who wrote the Bible? Who wrote the Quran? Who wrote that text book you read or are reading to become a doctor or a psychologist? If you answered the questions sincerely then am expecting a high five…Sounds like am in a debate abi…?

There are writers and there are writers, no doubts- Imagine someone approaching me NOW and saying: “Chris, you should be competing with Dan Brown in poetry.” I am so going to yab this person back ehn! I mean, I know I can hold my pen when the muse strikes but to equate me with oga Dan Brown NOW should be rather sarcastic- but so long as you can pen down the thoughts in your head, you are a writer and you are part of the reason our world has progressed this far. Kudos and I wish you more strength!

Away from that.

I must admit that the few times I have spent surfing the internet I have learned so much I cannot be grateful enough for from some blogs and websites.

There are many of them but I am dedicating this piece to yourstrulyblogposts. This site is so dear to my heart and here are my reasons.

Firstly, people! With our cups of Zobo raised above our heads let’s say a big congratulations to yourstrulyblogposts ‘who’ is a year older today. And if you understand what it means to hold a blog site together for a year, you should be singing the blogversary song already.

I remember meeting Yours Truly, the administrator of the blog, some years ago in Australia and the first question I asked her was: “Obi nne, how do you write so well despite being a nurse?” and you know what she said to me...?

I am just dreaming oh…hehehehe, I should be awake in a second.
Okay, am awake now. That dream enh! Hehehehe…Me wey never enter Cotonou for our backyard here, na Australia dey hungry me!

Anyways, my point is that the administrator of this blog writes so well despite that she is a nurse and I have come to the conclusion that, although a nurse she is, she has a literary mind and so are many prolific writers today.

The quality of the content in yourstrulyblogposts, with no intent of overstating the truth, are far beyond what anyone can see elsewhere. They are sign posts of life realities. Sometimes, when am in a negative frequency, I read some of  her posts and I see myself bounce back. I encourage you to also check them out but please don’t forget to share your testimony or even testimonies.

*Hands clasped in a religious fervor and knees hitting the floor*
As yourstrulyblogposts climbs one today, may it mark the beginning of greater things to come. May the good Lord expand and cause its light to shine and illuminate lives. And I wish the administrator strength and a surfeit of God’s blessings in the mighty name of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Amen!




19 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks ever so much for this post - I still cannot believe it. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule - it is not easy to dedicate a significant proportion of your time to someone.

    Lol@ meeting me in Australia - My dear, some dreams come true. Who says that you cannot compete with Dan Brown. The only limit you have is the one you set yourself. Can I tell you a little secret? The secret is - Have the passion, take the action and magic will happen (Bar Refaeli).

    Once again, thanks for this post. It's unbelievable how I have achieved longevity in the 'career'. Daalu so nwanne m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Nne you are welcome.
      Thanks so much for those encouraging words, I deeply appreciate.
      Lol@my dream. I believe that dreams come true.

      Delete
  3. This is so great chris! Wishing yourstruly many more years blogging

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww this is such a lovely post and is it australia from your mouth to Gods ears. australia is only the begining the best is yet to come trust me on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!
      Thanks so very much, Ms Cookies.
      May God bless you.

      Delete
  5. Congrats Obim. Very thoughtful of you Chris
    www.tosyne101.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my dearest Tosyn.
      I deeply appreciate your time.

      Delete
  6. Congrats Obim. Very thoughtful of you Chris
    www.tosyne101.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Obim. Very thoughtful of you Chris
    www.tosyne101.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Obim. Very thoughtful of you Chris
    www.tosyne101.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you and many more years.
    http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice write up Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Yes, the world needs more writers.

    I blog here:
    www.lovelifepearls.com
    www.lovelifepearls.com

    ReplyDelete

Your visit is highly appreciated...but please have your say.