Wednesday 6 August 2014

5 amazing facts about women

Here are 5 amazing facts about women that would wow you...
1.       Women’s hearts beat faster than men’s. The main reason for this is simply that on average women tend to be smaller than men and have less mass to pump blood. But women’s and men’s hearts can actually act quite differently, especially when experiencing trauma like a heart attack, and many treatments that work for men must be adjusted or changed entirely to work for women.
2. Women are born better smellers than men and remain better smellers over life. Studies have shown that  women are more able to correctly pinpoint just what a smell is. Women were better able to identify citrus, vanilla, cinnamon and coffee smells. While women are overall better smellers,there is an unfortunate 2% of the population with no sense of smell at all.
3.       Women burn fat more slowly than men, by a rate of about 50 calories a day. Most men have a much easier time burning fat than women. Women, because of their reproductive role, generally require a higher basic body fat proportion than men, and as a result their bodies don’t get rid of excess fat at the same rate as men.
4.       Women blink twice as many times as men do. That’s a lot of blinking every day. The average person, man or woman, blinks about 13 times a minute.
5.  The three things pregnant women dream most of during their first trimester are frogs, worms and potted plants. Pregnancy hormones can cause mood swings, cravings and many other unexpected changes. Oddly enough, hormones can often affect the types of dreams women have and their vividness. The most common are these three types, but many women also dream of water, giving birth or even have violent or sexually charged dreams.

13 comments:

  1. Lol the blinking part is very interesting.
    http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing, Sophia.
      Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting facts about women, and I would like to say a big thank you to you for sharing this post because I did not know about some of the facts, but, now I do. I must say that women are exceptional - Thanks for 'celebrating' us, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, you women are special and deserve all the admirations in the world. A world without women will be a total bore.
      Thanks Yours Truly, you mean the whole world to me. I just thought I should let you know.

      Delete
  3. Amazing facts i didn't know. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing facts i didn't know. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh deariest, I have missed you so terribly much. I hope you are alright?
    Nice to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You gat to be kidding me Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all, deary.
      Missed you o, why did you leave us for that long nah?
      Anyways, thanks for coming back and please we don't want you away no more.

      Delete
  7. Oh this is nice. I perceieve smell almost immediately sev. God knows how I will react in my 1st trimester cos I be catching mood swings every now and then.
    www.tosyne101.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew there was something to it. Just dint get how my brother lost more weight than I did in less time. Almost thought I was doing something wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Your visit is highly appreciated...but please have your say.